I am super excited to bring to you all today a completely random and only partially inspired book post! (I talk about cheese alright? I can’t be book books book all the time!) Thank you so much Alexandra (letsrunawaytobooks) for tagging me to do the Liebster Award! This is such a great way to learn a little bit about your fellow book bloggers, and in turn discover some awesome new sites!
THE RULES: (there’s always gotta be rules…)
- Acknowledge the person who nominated you and display the award. BOOM DONE.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself. Prepare yourself, you asked for it.
- Nominate 11 blogs who you think deserve it. 11 aint going to happen. I spent 45 minutes looking for 5 blogs that hadn’t been nominated yet OMG.
- Let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them. (kind of goes along with rule number four eh?)
- Give your eleven questions to the nominees. MUAHAHHAHA!
So, lets get to it! Here were the 11 questions Alexandra, letsrunawaytobooks, gave me:
1. Favorite books written by an underhyped author?
Right now, I am slowly working my way through the Detective Armand Gamache series by Louise Penny. Not something you would encounter on mainstream bookstagram, but she writes wonderful, cozy detective mysteries. Her characters are colorful and charming, and I love the setting (It’s Canada eh?). I would highly recommend her books if you are into the “cozy mystery” genre. Yes, that is a genre.
2. Do you read classics? If so, recommend 3.
Bleh. Classics. The bane of my reading existence. I want to like them, I really do, but I just cannot get into the stories. EXCEPT: Don Quixote. That is the ultimate classic. Also, A Confederacy of Dunces is pretty good, and The Great Gatsby too now that I am really thinking about it.
3. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
Hands down, no question, mint chocolate chip. Especially after you let it sit in the bowl for about ten minutes and then you can make ice cream soup. Nom.
4. Who are your favorite bookstagrammers?
This is so hard, because there are so many people that I have gotten to know and love behind the bookstagram curtain, and then there are the people that I stalk from afar but don’t really interact with that much. Since those that I speak to on the regular know who they are, I will just go through my favorite accounts that think are gorgeous and cannot get enough of.
@theliteraryllama (LITERAL HEART EYES)
@fictionandfae whose account I have loved since before I made my own bookstagram
@thefictionfaery (I never comment on her pictures but I am still obsessed)
@readers.nook I just can’t get enough of this gorgeous-ness
5. If you’ve read ACOTAR, which Court do you belong to?
Well, I have taken the little court quiz (here if you are interested) 5 times and got 4 different answers. So, I am going to just take matters into my own hands, make an executive decision, and say that I belong in the Dawn Court. Honestly, I don’t have any real reason other than I like the morning time best, and the Dawn Court aesthetics on tumblr speak to me.
6. If you could go on a week long trip to Paris, which characters from books would you like to go with?
Oh dang, at first I thought this was going to be really difficult because hellooooo I want to hang out with any character Sarah J. Maas has ever created (except Tamlin and Maeve, fuck them) but then it hit me. Claire from Outlander! She is resourceful, smart, funny, and not to toot my own horn, but we would be fast friends I think.
7. What is your favorite quote from a book?
“Open your eyes and see what you can with them before they close forever.”
- All the Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr
“I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right.”
- The Book Thief – Markus Zusak
Clearly, WWII books tear my heart out.
8. Do you tab/annotate your books? If so, how?
Sometimes… *looks around* … sometimes I dog ear my book pages. WHOOPS.
9. Do you like cheese? (SORRY I HAD TO)
I like ALL the cheese! Well, except for smoked Gouda, I don’t know why, there is just something too smoky about it that I can’t get behind. And also goat cheese I feel lackluster about. All other cheeses? Gimme.
10. What is the best thing to do after you finish a book that killed you inside?
No, but honestly, my cure for book hangovers is to immediately pick up another book. That way, the hangover doesn’t hit until a week or so later. Then, cry.
11. What books do you want for your birthday? (and when’s your birthday?)
My birthday is coming up: January 2! I would actually love to get some books to round out some of the uncompleted series that I own. For instance, I own the third book in the Falling Kingdoms series, but not the first two…. (DAMN YOU BOOKOUTLET.) Or, any book with dragons on it. Yes, dragonssssss!
Okay that was really fun! Well, for me at least. Maybe not so much for you. But now its time to spread the love: the nominations!
Joanne – In Case of Bookishness
Rachel – Never Too Many B00ks
Jacquie – Rattle the Stars
Becka – Wildwood Calling
Hollie – Hollie Ohs Book Reviews
Here are your questions ladies, enjoy!
- Favorite book of 2016 so far?
- Who is your ULTIMATE book OTP? You can only pick one!
- Favorite candle scent concoction? Bookish or not, doesn’t matter.
- Marvel or DC? Who is your favorite superhero?
- Is there a word that you just always misspell?
- Describe your version of the perfect day. (Can be a holiday if you like!)
- Do you have any pets? TELL ME ABOUT THEM.
- What would be your death row meal? (sorry for the morbidness, but this is important and I am judging you)
- Scary movies or nah?
- You get a free ticket to go anywhere in the world, where are you headed and why?!
- Coffee or tea? Can you show me your favorite mug?!
Thanks for reading, I can’t wait to see your answers! deertales OUT.