Even though Christmas is right around the corner, when it comes to subscription boxes, I have always had the mentality to “treat yo’ self”. Subscription boxes are so much fun, and even if I personally had no use for some of the items, I could always find a stocking or three to slip some goodies into!
Book Boyfriend Box is a bimonthly subscription box that focuses on all of our bookish boyfriends and loves. This is a brand new book subscription box on the scene, with the December ‘Love Letters’ box being only the second one. As a rep for the company, I have received both boxes and can honestly say this one blew me away with not just the quality of the items, but with the amazing curation as well!
So,without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff and I will show you what was inside!
- The first thing I pulled out of the box was this neat looking quill pen. I already test wrote with it and it writes really well (even though it is a little too top-heavy for my personal tastes). Even if you can’t find an immediate use for the pen (or you’re a real traditionalist and it too is a bit top-heavy for your dainty hands) this is a fantastic bookstagram prop!
- Remember how I said this box was curated really well? For example: to accompany the quill, subscribers also received a Captain Wentworth inspired notepad that was designed by Drop and Give Me Nerdy. This little notepad is beautiful; I love the font of the quote and the blue flowers are so romantic. *heart eyes*
- The next item I plucked out of this DELICIOUS smelling box (more on that later) was the Pride and Prejudice herbal tea blend that was handcrafted by First Edition Tea. I love when subscription boxes include tea or coffee; (although more boxes need to include coffee let’s hop on that!) I think it’s not only a unique item, but one that will more than likely be used rather than stashed away and forgotten. I havent tried this yet so I can’t weigh in on the taste, but I will let you all know on my Instagram as soon as I do!
- Again, amazing curation was the only thing I could think of when I pulled out this coaster made from upcycled Persuasion book pages, created by Favoring Brave. The coaster seems to be nice quality, and I have already tested it out with a hot cup of tea and it held up great.
- The source of the amazing smell in this box was this Pride and Prejudice soap bar made from goats milk and created by The MacBath. I am not exaggerating, I could smell my box from across the room and it was WONDERFUL. The bar itself has beautiful swirled colors and a P&P inscription that is so impressive. I love this item.
- Finally, the book included in this month’s box was We Are Still Tornadoes written by Michael Kim and Susan Mullen. I will confess that prior to opening up my Book Boyfriend Box, I hadn’t heard of this book, nor have I seen it floating around on social media at all. But I am kind of excited about that. I have no expectations going in to reading it, but I also love that BBB is bringing books that I would never have picked up on my own to my door!
Overall I was super impressed with this entire box; by both the quality of the items included, as well as the curation of the box as a whole. You can tell that a lot of work went into the planning of this box and honestly, it totally paid off.
The next box that will be available is in February (remember bimonthly?) and that theme has already been announced: Out of This World! The book included is a highly anticipated YA science fiction novel, and with sci-if being my favorite genre EVER, I am getting stoked just thinking about it! And, if that isn’t enough to pique your interest, each box will also contain:
- another unique Indie read
- some Lunar Chronicles swag
- an item from Out of Print that will differ from box to box
- an item that donates to charity and disease research!
The February box is on sale NOW! Both of the previous Book Boyfriend Boxes have actually sold out, so if you are interested in this box, I would hop to it…
OH, and use my discount code DEER10 for 10% off your first purchase!
So, what do you think? It’s a pretty amazing box right?