I have been gone for a while, I realize this. I don’t really know how it happened, life just gets away from you sometimes, you know?
Anyways, I thought I would kind of do a ‘catch up’ post: tell you all a little bit about what I am currently reading (spoiler alert; a lot), as well as just some random happenings in my life that have kept me away from my blog for longer than I intended.
Alrighty, let’s get to it!
I am a polygamist reader. I don’t think ever in my life I have had 100% of my time and energy focused on one book. At the moment, I am doing some serious multitasking when it comes to my currently reading. You should see my nightstand!
So, candidly, here is a quick rundown of my current reads:
- The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley – I want to finish because I was hooked up with an awesome promo pack for this book from Bloomsbury but I hate the font and the story is a bit slow.
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson – sneaking pages in at work when I am not that busy, but annoyed that I want to finish in the first place because I just learned that the author is problematic.
- The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan – I am neck-deep in Percy Jackson stories and I never want them to end.
- Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco – Wondering why there is so much hype for this book when I have been nothing but mildly bored so far…
- SpecOps by Craig Alanson (audio) – I don’t think I will ever finish this monster of an audio book.
It has been a couple of months since I have read a book that knocked my pants off, and unfortunately I don’t think I any of these current reads will change that situation. Which sucks. I need a book that will reignite a passion to read at every moment of every day.
I finally hit 10K followers on my bookstagram! Yes, I did have to host a couple bad ass giveaways to get to that point, but oh well. I love spreading the book love as well as not seeing my follower number go up and down with every follow / unfollow, so it was a win-win situation!
I have been struggling with what I wanted to do with my blog for a couple of months. On one hand, I have put a decent amount of money into it, and a ton of time.
On the other hand, I feel like my main “fan base” (so to say) is on Instagram, and getting my followers to click on a link and go out of their way to read my words…well, it’s difficult.
Basically, I couldn’t decide if the lack of interaction was worth all the time and money I have invested in deertales.blog.
My boyfriend says to me: “turn deertales.blog into more than just a book blog”. I told him I was unsure if that was a great idea. It seems like I have pinned myself into a very particular niche, and I would lose what fan base I have built up because those people are looking for something specific.
So, basically, I have no idea what to do. I still haven’t really come to a decision. I do know that when I finally decide what to do, it will be a decision I make for me and my happiness / well-being. Always remember that you can’t make everyone around you happy, but you have control over you own destiny.
I do have some things in the works for the near future that may mix things up and make the whole blogging process more fun and exciting, but we will see how everything plays out.
THANK YOU THANK YOU to everyone that has stuck with me through consistent blogging and more consistent absences. You all are the real winners.
Have an awesome week, hopefully I will see you sooner rather than later!