Thought we should take another trip down the TBR hole today!
For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, this is a blog meme created by Lia @ Lost in a Story that is basically this a post dedicated to cleaning out your Goodreads TBR. So, you get to sort through books that you have just haphazardly thrown onto you virtual you know you will never read and figuring out which ones you will actually read!
So, it works like this:
- Head on over to your Goodreads to-read shelf
- Sort the books by ascending date added
- Take a closer look at the first 5 -10 books (How adventurous are ya feeling today?)
- Read the synopses of the books (Oh I will be taking a good look at the covers too!)
- Decide: should I keep it or should it go?
I did a mini purge almost two weeks ago and guys. It is still out of control:
Why is it so much fun to add books on Goodreads!?
Continue reading “Down the TBR Hole: vol. 2!”
I was definitely all aboard the bookish candle hype train when the concept really took off. A candle company would come out with a new variation of my favorite characters, or places from books, or just general bookish themed, and I snatched them up without a second thought.
Eventually my sister and I started our own bookish themed candle company called wickworms, and while it has been so much fun designing candles, it has really fueled the obsession. But owning a business is hard, and while both of us have learned quite a few lessons on this journey, I have taken away two main points:
- I have picky fragrance tastes. For example, any scent containing jasmine is a hard pass for me, same with gardenia or spearmint. Sweet candles are also a miss for me, except very rarely a candle containing caramel scents will pique my interest.
- If I love a fandom hard enough, I find it necessary to adorn my shelves with every candle in existence from that fandom.
So, with that being said, I have been burning a lot of candles lately (because I finally convinced myself that I cannot buy more if I don’t get rid of some) and I thought it would be fun to share with you my favorite bookish candles! When I originally put together this list, I found that I had favorites from tons of different shops, which was completely unintentional but perfect for spreading the love; enjoy!
Continue reading “A Nosy Adventure; Let’s Talk Candles!”
I had a pretty decent reading month in September, especially when you consider the size of some of the books that I finished!
I really tried to focus on new releases, since September was overflowing with them. I had this grand plan and vision of keeping up with all the books that I had preordered, and unfortunately, that plan did not come to fruition. But! October, November, and December are sparse with the new releases that I am actually planning on reading, so hopefully I can use the time to catch up.
So, putting my nonsensical rambling aside, let me share with you the books that I completed in September!
Continue reading “September Wrap-Up: The Month of New Releases”