Asked by: Jen Anderson
How do you come up with a good name for a story?
Every Good Book Title Should Do the Following
- Be Unique. It’s getting increasingly more difficult to come up with a title that hasn’t been done before, but you must. …
- Be Memorable. …
- Provide Insight. …
- Relax. …
- Brainstorm. …
- Answer the Reader’s Questions. …
- Use Poetic Phrases.
What should I name my story character?
How to Choose Character Names
- Be Realistic. There are a lot of Mary’s in the world, which is precisely why your novel may need one. …
- Mind the Genre. Quick! …
- Be Consistent. …
- Be Dissimilar. …
- Avoid Name Associations. …
- Choose Easy to Pronounce Names. …
- Reinforce the Character’s Qualities. …
- Re-Evaluate the Character’s Name.
What should my title for my story be?
7 Tips to Land the Perfect Title for Your Novel
- GOOGLE IT. …
- MAXIMIZE YOUR CHOICES. …
- DON’T FORGET VOICE AND POINT OF VIEW. …
- INCLUDE PRECISE NOUNS AND ACTIVE VERBS. …
- CRAFT TWO MEANINGS. …
- AVOID SABOTAGING YOUR PLOT WITH YOUR TITLE. …
- MAKE CERTAIN YOUR TITLE MATCHES YOUR STORY.
What are unique names?
20 Unique Unisex Baby Names
- Akira. Japanese in origin, this unisex name can mean “bright” or “clear.”
- Averill. …
- Chrisley. …
- Dallas. …
- Dell. …
- Gio. …
- Kamala. …
How do you make a unique name?
By reading the naming strategies below you’ll certainly pick up useful skills in creating cool character names.
- Pick a One Word Name.
- Go Wild With Humor.
- Make the Name Match.
- Reverse the First and Last Name.
- Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.
- Use Your Name.
- Use an Anagram Generator.
- Add a Prefix or Suffix.
What name means death?
Thana means “death.” Thanatos is also a Greek name for the god of death.
What is the best first name?
Top Names Over the Last 100 Years
How do I name my character?
12 tips on how to name your characters
- Keep the time period of your story and your character’s age in mind. …
- Make sure your characters’ names fit their ethnic background. …
- Pick a name that fits the character’s personality. …
- If you want, pay attention to a name’s meaning. …
- Avoid giving several characters similar names.
What is the rarest name?
Both Dua and Lipa made the cut. You can learn a lot about what’s going on in the world based on what people are naming their babies.
What is the coolest name in 2021?
Here are some really cool unique baby names that ranked in the top , and will be players for 2021 and beyond.
400+ Unique Baby Names for 2021.
What is a badass name for a girl?
Badass Girl Names for Your Rebel Princess
|Diana||Heavenly and divine||Latin|
|Dola||The crown brings honor||African|
How do I choose my stage name?
How to come up with an artist stage name
- Create a singer name and a persona to match.
- Come up with stage name branding.
- Choose a stage name that is marketable.
- Choose a stage name that is memorable.
- Stage name generator.
- Be a unique artist [but don’t push it!]
- Brainstorm your ideas.
- Get some feedback.
What is a cute black girl name?
Beautiful Names for Black Girls
|Amahle||The beautiful ones; Zulu|
What is a unique girl name?
If you would like a name with a pretty sound, these unique girl names surely fit the bill.
- Annalise. A combination of the name Anna and Lise, this name is simple, pretty, and unique. …
- Calista. This name is the feminine form of Callistus, which means “most beautiful” in Greek. …
- Enya. …
- Allegra. …
- Avalon. …
What name means moon?
Names that mean moon
- Mona — Old English (girl)
- Luna — Latin/Spanish (girl)
- Sasi — Thai (girl)
- Indu — Hindi (girl)
- Jaci — Native American (girl)
- Mahina — Hawaiian (girl)
- Hang — Vietnamese (girl)
- Neoma — meaning “new moon” in Greek (girl)
What is the prettiest name for a girl 2021?
Hottest Baby Names for 2021
What name means love?
Along with Esme and Amara, other top girl names that mean love include Mila, Amy, Amanda, Mabel, and Philippa. Top boy names that mean love include Rhys, Philip, Lev, and Hart. Names that mean love or beloved in languages other than English include Carys, Querida, Rudo, and Sajan.
What name means Stars?
Dive into a useful list of girl names that mean star.
- Astra (Greek)
- Astraea (Latinized Greek)
- Bituin (Tagalong)
- Csilla (Hungarian)
- Dzvezda (Macedonian)
- Estelle (French)
- Estrella (Spanish)
- Hoku (Hawaiian)
What name means liar?
Anwir. Anwir is a Welsh name that means liar.
What name means heart?
Names That Mean Heart
- Howard. Origin: German or English. Meaning: …
- Liev. Origin: Yiddish variation of Lev. Meaning: …
- Obi. Origin: African, Nigerian-Ibo. Meaning: …
- Libi. Origin: Hebrew. Meaning: …
- Euston. Origin: Irish. Meaning: …
- Howard. Origin: German. Meaning: …
- Hubbell. Origin: English. Meaning: …
- Huracan. Origin: Mayan. Meaning:
What name means soul?
Names That Mean Soul, Spirit, or Ghost for Girls
- Aathmika. This Indian origin name represents “a good soul.”
- Aasmi. This Sanskrit name means “the soul.”
- Aatmaja. Aatmaja means “daughter of the soul” in Sanskrit.
- Advaita. This Indian name means ‘oneness of the soul with the immortal source”.
- Almae. …
- Amzi. …
- Ariel. …
What girl names mean pure?
513 Baby Girl Names That Mean Pure
|Aikaterine||Ancient Greek form of Katerine. It means pure.||Ancient Greek|
|Akenehi||Chaste and pure||Maori|
What name means gold?
This handpicked list of names that mean gold, is sure to help you to find the right one for your little son.
- Amarillo. This Spanish name means ‘yellow. …
- Ardit. This name of Albanian origin means ‘golden day. …
- Bowie. …
- Chryses. …
- Eurig. …
- Flavius. …
- Golding. …
What name means blood?
Kanik Kanik is a ferocious Greenlandic name for a boy or girl. This name specifically means “blood.”
What name means GREY?
Eirian Eirian is a grey-shaded girl’s name from the Welsh and Irish tongues. The exact meaning of this name is “silvery-gray.”