Good Morning everyone! It has been so stinkin’ long since I have participated in a Top 5/10 Tuesday so I thought it would be fun to revisit a prompt I missed from a few weeks ago that I love!
For those of you that are unaware, Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly blog meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish, where book bloggers get to highlight their top 10 choices for the topic that the lovely people at B&B choose for the week. Yes, the meme is supposed to be Top 10, and yes, I only do 5. WHAT ABOUT IT?
So, today the Top 5 prompt I wanted to revisit is: 5 most recent books from X genre that you have recently added to your TBR! A couple of weeks ago I posted a picture of my sci-fi section of my bookshelf on Instagram, which I am immensely proud of. But then I realized that for being one of my favorite genres, I definitely needed to add some more books to this collection. Let’s get to it!
Continue reading “Top 5 Tuesday”
My boyfriend and I are starting to look for new places to live, and I realized that I just have way too many books. (Blasphemy right?!) If we had a house, or a place to live that was more permanent than an apartment, I wouldn’t feel the need to trim down my book count, but, alas, that isn’t the case.
So, instead of heading straight to the donate drop, I thought I would offer my books for sale to the bookstagram community first!
Continue reading “Deertales Has Some Books for Sales!”
I had a really good reading month in May, so I wanted to share it with you all no matter how late it is!
I thought that I was going to be in a slump after finishing ACOWAR, but since that book left me, unfortunately, under whelmed, I was able to plow through some of my TBR pile! Also, as I probably mentioned in last month’s wrap up, since discovering I can read in the bath, I have been able to finish 3-4 more books on average every month. (I am going to surmise it is because bath time is when the boyfriend cannot interrupt me and throw off my reading groove – thus, more efficient reading time!)
So, without further ado, check out this impressive list!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – 3.5 stars – YES I DID SAY 3.5 STARS AND IT HURTS IT HURTS (check out my very lengthy review HERE)
- Redwall – 3 stars – it was fun to revisit the world of Redwall, but I also realized some books are better left as fond memories. Although, good lord do I need a recipe book from this world.
- Dogs of War – 3 stars – I have been a fan of the Joe Ledger books for quite a while, and I absolutely love the audio books for this series, but the most recent release was lacking in creativity and the usual spunk that I have come to love.
- Norse Mythology – 4 stars
- Kiss of Deception – 3 stars
- Heart of Betrayal – 4 stars – I liked this book better than the first in the series, the world building was amazing! I thought Venda was an incredible city and I really enjoyed Lia’s character development. However, I can’t stand that this is a hard-core love triangle. I really dislike love triangles *insert epic eye roll here*
- Kingdom of Oceana – 3 stars (check out my review HERE)
- Hunted – 5 stars – definitely my favorite read of the month, I am increasingly obsessed with Russian inspired fantasy. If anyone has other suggestions in this specific niche, please let me know!
- Once and For All – 4 Stars – I was totally surprised by this book and really enjoyed it! (check out my review HERE)
- A Rule Against Murder – 4 stars – Good lord I love this series so much. Totally character driven, totally worth it.
And that’s it! I finished my last book like four days ago but I just couldn’t bring myself to pick up another. Ten books is plenty in a month, anything else is just overkill in my book.
So, how was your reading month? Let me know in the comments!
Another late wrap up and haul post! But still, I will not be stopped in putting up some pretty pictures of books I read and acquired in the month of April, so let’s get to it!
I was a reading machine in April! I really discovered how much I enjoy taking baths, and have since discovered that by reading in the tub, I can knock out an extra three books a month. Plus, I was speed reading ACOTAR and ACOMAF in preparation for A Court of Wings and Ruin (thank god I did that), so that padded my April list as well.
Continue reading “April Wrap Up & Haul”
Happy Sunday book friends! I have been mildly absent from my blog which can be attributed to two things mainly. One, I had an amazing reading month. I will get into that later this week, but I was PLOWING through books, and every spare second of my time was spent reading. Also, because my dang boyfriend has totally been hogging the computer with his games. *le sigh* boyfriends amirite?
So to fill in some of my absence, I thought it would be a good idea to revisit The Sunday Post, which is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer, and is a chance to share some weekly news. This is where I will recap the past week or so, showcase some books and other things I have received, and maybe talk about what is coming up for the week on my blog. (Haven’t decided on this portion yet so let’s see where this post takes us!)
Continue reading “The Sunday Post – and what the heck have I been doing?!”
THIS IS SO LATE AND IT’S EMBARRASSING! But, I still wanted to post about the books that I read and acquired in March, so I just went for it… 14 days late. But come on, who doesn’t love looking at a good stack of books no matter what time of the month it is?
Continue reading “March Wrap Up & Haul!”
I know being an active member of the bookstagram community has basically turned me into a book buying monster. Of course I judge books by their cover, how else am I going to pick it up out of the thousands of others at Barnes & Noble!?
My main one: preordering books, or making a big deal to rush out on release day to purchase a book, only to return home and not read it.
So, with that being said, I thought it would be fun (and embarrassing) to show off all the books I just HAD TO BUY, no ifs, ands, or buts, yet I still haven’t read them.
Continue reading “Bad Deer! (Let’s talk books I HAD to buy but still haven’t read…)”