Asked by: Brent Bowie
What are the ethical issues relating to suppliers?
When talking about ethics in the supply chain, experts generally focus on:
- Freedom of employment and association.
- The eradication of child labour.
- Safe and hygienic working conditions.
- Appropriate pay and working hours.
- Humane and non-discriminatory treatment.
- Anti-bribery and corruption.
- Environmental awareness.
What are the 7 codes of ethics?
Seven golden ethical principles
- Be an ethical leader.
- Use moral courage.
- Consider personal and professional reputation.
- Set the right tone at the top.
- Maintain an enquiring mindset.
- Consider the public interest.
- Consider ‘the right, the good and the virtuous’ actions”
How ensure suppliers are ethical?
Six Steps to an Ethical and Sustainable Supply Chain
- Identify Trustworthy Suppliers. …
- Secure Trading-Partner Relationships. …
- Digitize Your Supply Chain. …
- Monitor Shipment Provenance. …
- Manage Supplier Communities. …
- Gather Ethical Insights.
What are procurement ethics?
Ethical procurement refers to a wide range of issues that can impact the ethical and sustainability goals of a business. Examples include the monitoring of unethical or illegal supplier business procedures and practices that can impact your organization’s procurement efficiency and reputation.
What are some of the ethical and unethical issues in procurement?
Some examples of what you shouldn’t do when it comes to ethics in procurement management include:
- Accepting gifts from a supplier. Even if it’s around the holidays, you shouldn’t accept gifts from a supplier. …
- Having a conflict of interest. …
- Sharing confidential information. …
- Treating suppliers differently.