Asked by: Angie Haynes
How do I add change bars in FrameMaker?
Here’s how Change Bars work:
- Open a FrameMaker document.
- Choose Format > Document > Change Bars and activate Automatic Change Bars:
- Just start typing in your document and any line where you make a change will display a black bar in the left column. This is an easy way to find your changes on a scanning level.
How do I add change bars in Adobe?
Apply change bars manually
- To apply change bars to selected text, choose Format > Style > Change Bar.
- To apply change bars to paragraphs, click in a paragraph or drag through several paragraphs.
- Choose Format > Paragraphs > Paragraph Designer and display the Default Font properties.
- Select Change Bar, and click Apply.
What is change bar?
A change bar is a vertical line that visually identifies new or revised text. You can have change bars appear automatically whenever you insert, change, or delete text. Change bar applied to the left of revised text. Sometimes, you want to flag only important changes to your document rather than flag every change.
What can you do with Adobe FrameMaker?
FrameMaker is a versatile solution that lets you create structured or template-based documents, review and collaborate with multiple content management systems and publish to a multitude of devices.
Can you track changes in Adobe Pro?
The Tracker allows you to view and edit the location of the response file, and track which recipients have responded. You can also add more recipients, email all recipients, and view the responses for a form.
Does anyone still use FrameMaker?
Today, Adobe FrameMaker is still a widely used publication tool for technical writers, although no version has been released for the Mac OS X operating system, limiting use of the product.
Is FrameMaker like InDesign?
Adobe FrameMaker easily takes the crown when it comes to longevity and reliability in publishing long and complex documents. InDesign on the other hand is a different beast; used to create high-quality layouts for all sorts of marketing communication.