Asked by: Michael Miller
How do I cite a video lecture?
To cite an online lecture or speech, follow the MLA format template. List the name of the presenter, followed by the title of the lecture. Then list the name of the website as the title of the container, the date on which the lecture was posted, and the URL: Allende, Isabel.
How do you do an in-text citation for a YouTube video?
The in-text citation should match the first element of the Works Cited (either the creator’s name, or a short version of the title).
Citing videos with the same creator and uploader.
|Format||“Title of Video.” Website, uploaded by Username, Day Month Year, URL.|
|In-text citation||(“First Look Inside”)|
How do you quote a lecture?
When citing an oral presentation, like a class lecture, give:
- the speaker’s name.
- the title of the presentation in quotation marks, if known.
- the name of the sponsoring organization.
- the date.
- the venue.
- the location. The city may be omitted if part of the venue name (e.g. Vancouver Convention Centre) (p. 50).
How do I cite a source in a video?
In the in-text citation, list the author’s last name and the timestamp of the relevant part of the video. Author’s last name, First name.
Videos with the same author and uploader.
|MLA format||“Video Title.” Website, uploaded by Uploader, Day Month Year, URL.|
|In-text citation||(“Odd Number Problem” 10:35)|
How do you cite a professor’s lecture?
Last Name, First Name of professor. “Title or Subject of the Lecture.” Class lecture, Course Name, College Name, Location, Month Day, Year.
How do I cite a YouTube lecture in APA?
To cite a YouTube video in APA Style, you include the person or organization that uploaded it, their channel name (if different from their real name), the upload date, the video title (italicized), “Video” in square brackets, the name of the site, and a link to the video.
How do you in text cite a YouTube video in APA with no author?
- If there is no author, use the title (or a short form of the title, if it is lengthy) and the year. …
- If there is no date, use “n.d.” (without quotation marks) instead.
How do you do an in text citation for a video in APA?
Include the @ symbol where this is part of the username. In the reference list describe the material type in square brackets, for example, “[Video]” after the title of the work. For the source, provide the name of the streaming video site that hosts the video.
How do you do in text citations?
Using In-text Citation
MLA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the page number from which the quotation or paraphrase is taken, for example: (Smith 163). If the source does not use page numbers, do not include a number in the parenthetical citation: (Smith).
How do you cite YouTube references?
- Use the name of the account that uploaded the video as the author.
- Provide the specific date on which the video was uploaded.
- Italicize the title of the video.
- Include the description “[Video]” in square brackets after the title.
- Provide the site name (YouTube) and URL of the video.
How do you footnote a YouTube video?
In this style, it’s mandatory to include all the videos you cite in your reference list.
Citing YouTube videos in author-date style.
|Format||Author last name, First name. Year. “Video Title.” Additional information. Month Day, Year. Format, Video length. URL.|
|In-text citation||(Liu 2021, 0:56)|
How do you cite an Internet source example?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the date you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (between pointed brackets).
How do you cite a website without an author?
Cite in text the first few words of the reference list entry (usually the title) and the year. Use double quotation marks around the title or abbreviated title.: (“All 33 Chile Miners,” 2010). Note: Use the full title of the web page if it is short for the parenthetical citation.
What are some examples of citations?
Using In-text Citation
APA in-text citation style uses the author’s last name and the year of publication, for example: (Field, 2005). For direct quotations, include the page number as well, for example: (Field, 2005, p. 14).