Asked by: Tammy Turner
1. APA Referencing Basics: Reference List
- Be on a new page at the end of the document.
- Be centred.
- Be alphabetically by name of first author (or title if the author isn’t known, in this case a, an and the should be ignored) …
- Contain full references for all in-text references used.
How do I cite a document in APA format?
Government document citations include:
- Author or authors. The Author may be a government or corporate entity.
- Title of report. Provide the report number in brackets if given.
- Publisher. Omit the publisher information if the author and the publisher are the same.
- DOI or URL is hyperlinked.
How do you cite a document?
Citation includes author’s name, year of publication, then page numbers if available. If your source lacks an author, cite the first one or two words of the title. If no date is given, place “n.d.” after the author’s name. note on page numbers: Web documents often don’t have page numbers.
How do I cite an online article in APA?
Give the name of the organization or individual followed by the date and the title. If there is no title, in brackets, you should provide a brief explanation of what type of data is there and in what form it appears. Include the URL and the retrieval date if there is no publication date.
How do you APA cite a PDF?
Instead, you’ll have to determine what kind of source the PDF is (e.g., a book, a journal article) and cite it in the appropriate format.
Citing a journal article.
|Format||Last name, Initials. (Year). Article title. Journal Name, Volume(Issue), Page range. or e-locator. DOI or URL|
|In-text citation||(McCabe & Castel, 2008)|
How do you cite an online document?
Include information in the following order:
- author (the person or organisation responsible for the site)
- year (date created or last updated)
- page title (in italics)
- name of sponsor of site (if available)
- accessed day month year (the day you viewed the site)
- URL or Internet address (pointed brackets).
How do you cite sources in APA 7?
APA 7 Style uses the author-date citation method with parentheses. After a quote, add parentheses containing the author’s name, the year of publication, and the page number(s) the quote appears. For quotations that are on one page, type “p.” before the page number.