Asked by: Christina Sinclair
How do you deal with mean comments online?
To Curse, School Or Ignore: 8 Ways To Tackle Trolls & Mean Comments Online
- Let them know they mean nothing to you.
- Never delete hate comments.
- Love your haters.
- A simple ‘okay will drive them nuts.
- Hit them with facts.
- Bring in your little online community to the kitty party.
- Write them meaningful messages.
How should you deal with other people’s comments?
How to Handle Negative Comments
- Walk Away. Whatever you do, do not respond to negative comments immediately. …
- Don’t Ignore the Comments. …
- Climb into Your Reader’s Shoes. …
- Keep Your Ego in Check. …
- Own Up to Your Error. …
- Be Positive. …
- Agree to Disagree.
How do I deal with social media comments?
Strategies for handling negative social media comments
- Respond to the comment quickly.
- Be sincere and transparent.
- Give discounts when necessary.
- Interact directly with your customers.
- Make yourself available and visible.
- Keep things in perspective.
- Considerations for leaving a response to negative comments.
What is the etiquette of commenting on posts?
Upload an eye-catching Gravatar and fill out your Gravatar profile with your social media links and a short bio. Mind your manners. If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, don’t say it in their comment thread. Criticism is fine, but there’s no need to be hateful.
How do I process hurtful comments?
Acknowledge your anger and hurt together.
To cope in a healthy way, acknowledge both these emotions together. Literally say to yourself, “I feel hurt and angry….” Acknowledging your specific, precise emotions is the first step of self-compassion. Acknowledging your anger can help you not personalize the comment.
How do you deal with negative Internet comments?
Ask Them to Contact You Privately
In fact, unless their negative comment can be quickly resolved in the comment section, this is usually the best choice. However, don’t simply send them a direct message. Instead, leave a comment for them asking them to contact you to discuss in private.
What are the etiquette in using social media?
The basics of social media etiquette
- Don’t be overly promotional. Try not to message all your customers asking them to buy your products and avoid sharing constant advertisements on your page. …
- Avoid over-automation. …
- Handle your hashtags carefully. …
- Don’t bad-mouth your competition. …
- Be authentic and genuine.
Should you reply to every Facebook comment?
In addition to replying to every comment on your posts, it is recommended to like or react on each and every comment. This also let your fans know that you actually saw their comment and appreciate it. It can also create a notification for the fan on their profile, which can lead to more interaction on the post.
What are the unspoken rules of Instagram?
The unwritten rules are now written, so take note.
Behold – the 20 Unwritten Rules of Instagram, written:
- Post at peak times. …
- 2. Comments > likes. …
- Don’t post on Friday or Saturday night. …
- Don’t post too many people-less pictures. …
- Post frequently, but not too frequently. …
- Avoid the cliche. …
- Exercise some selfie-control.
What should you avoid doing on Instagram?
Here are the things you should avoid doing on Instagram:
- Using awkward or hard to find usernames.
- Setting your profile to Private.
- Posting inactively.
- Posting without captions.
- Overusing hashtags.
- Not engaging with followers.
- Stealing other user’s content.
Do bought followers unfollow you?
These spammers now have access to your followers to deliver your spam too. Some of your followers will follow them (merely because they see you have) and when they discover the quality fo these accounts, your genuine followers may unfollow you.
What is proper Instagram etiquette?
Don’t: use other’s content without giving proper credit. Don’t: post too often. Don’t: obsess over getting new followers. Don’t: follow and unfollow. Don’t: use hashtags that attract spammers.
Should you reply to every Instagram comment?
Comments are a form of engagement. If you don’t respond to every comment left on your posts, you are missing an opportunity to double the engagement rate of every single one of your posts.
Can you say the F word on Instagram?
The new feature censors naughty words such as the F word, the A word, the B word, the C word, and various variations thereof. In fact, in addition to completely obscuring these bad words with innocent symbols, Instagram will further bleep out the sound of you saying them.