Asked by: Johnny Morano
You just need to increase the height of your header. Alternately you could drag down your top margin on the main part of the page.
- In Compilation Options, choose Formatting.
- Select your Section Type you wish to modify, then choose “Set the line spacing” → Other.
- Increase Paragraph spacing after.
How do I change the header spacing?
Right-click the Heading Style and then select the Modify option. At the bottom of the Modify Style dialog there will be a button that says Modify, click this button. Select the Paragraph option. Within the Paragraph dialog change the option for Spacing, After to be a lower number.
How do I change spacing in Scrivener?
How to add paragraph spacing in Scrivener for Mac OS X.
- Open the Preferences window, from the Scrivener menu.
- Click the Formatting tab.
- Open the Line Spacing popup-menu, and choose the “Other…” option.
- Set paragraph spacing in the resulting sheet.
Should there be a space between headings?
Make sure you don’t have extra space in the header. Double-click on the header and hit the down arrow. If there are extra lines in the header, below the page number, delete them. Make sure there isn’t extra space between your text and the top of the page.
How do I change the header in Scrivener?
Click on the cog wheel (bottom right of the left hand pane) and select Edit format. Select Page Settings in the left hand pane, and Header and Footer Text within the body of the pane.
How do you reduce the distance between header and main text?
How to Remove the Space Between a Header in a Word Document
- Place the cursor at the end of the header in the document. …
- Click “File” from the top menu and then select “Page Setup.”
- Select the “Margins” tab from the Page Setup properties window.
- Decrease the “Top Margin” value in the Margins properties. …
How do I add space between table and header?
Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the table. …
- Select Table Properties from the Context menu. …
- Make sure the Table tab is displayed. …
- In the Text Wrapping area, click the Around icon. …
- Click the Positioning button. …
- Adjust the Top and Bottom settings to reflect how much space you want left before and after the table.
How do I change font size in Scrivener?
Setting font preferences for the Scrivener Editor
On Mac, choose Scrivener > Preferences; on Windows, choose File > Options. Click the Editing tab, then click Formatting.
How do I change the default font in Scrivener 3?
There are two ways two main ways to change scrivener's default font one is globally and one is per project if you want to change scrivener's default font globally go to the scrivener's preferences.
How do I format in Scrivener?
You can set up which formatting you would like to use by default: On Windows, use the File ▸ Options… menu command and on the Mac, use Scrivener ▸ Preferences… and then within the Editing pane, click on the Formatting tab. Use the ruler and formatting tools provided to set up the default look of your documents.
How do you add front matter to Scrivener?
So take a minute and go to Scrivener -> Preferences -> General -> Author Information. Go ahead and fill in your information. You don’t even have to click save. Just close it when you’re done.
How do I change metadata in Scrivener?
Just on its own is contained in the inspector pane which is this over here if you don't have this and you're freaking out where is it just click on this little blue icon up here.
What is custom MetaData in Scrivener?
Custom MetaData has received some exciting updates in Scrivener 3, namely new value types. In addition to Text fields, you can now create Checkbox, List, and Date types. Text fields let you type freeform text values. List fields will only accept values from the list you create when you add the field.
Can you make a checklist in Scrivener?
Select Scrivener in the Dropdown menu. That will open a tabbed section. Select Outlines: Check off what you want to include in the printed copy and hit click OK.