I had a really good reading month in May, so I wanted to share it with you all no matter how late it is!
I thought that I was going to be in a slump after finishing ACOWAR, but since that book left me, unfortunately, under whelmed, I was able to plow through some of my TBR pile! Also, as I probably mentioned in last month’s wrap up, since discovering I can read in the bath, I have been able to finish 3-4 more books on average every month. (I am going to surmise it is because bath time is when the boyfriend cannot interrupt me and throw off my reading groove – thus, more efficient reading time!)
So, without further ado, check out this impressive list!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – 3.5 stars – YES I DID SAY 3.5 STARS AND IT HURTS IT HURTS (check out my very lengthy review HERE)
- Redwall – 3 stars – it was fun to revisit the world of Redwall, but I also realized some books are better left as fond memories. Although, good lord do I need a recipe book from this world.
- Dogs of War – 3 stars – I have been a fan of the Joe Ledger books for quite a while, and I absolutely love the audio books for this series, but the most recent release was lacking in creativity and the usual spunk that I have come to love.
- Norse Mythology – 4 stars
- Kiss of Deception – 3 stars
- Heart of Betrayal – 4 stars – I liked this book better than the first in the series, the world building was amazing! I thought Venda was an incredible city and I really enjoyed Lia’s character development. However, I can’t stand that this is a hard-core love triangle. I really dislike love triangles *insert epic eye roll here*
- Kingdom of Oceana – 3 stars (check out my review HERE)
- Hunted – 5 stars – definitely my favorite read of the month, I am increasingly obsessed with Russian inspired fantasy. If anyone has other suggestions in this specific niche, please let me know!
- Once and For All – 4 Stars – I was totally surprised by this book and really enjoyed it! (check out my review HERE)
- A Rule Against Murder – 4 stars – Good lord I love this series so much. Totally character driven, totally worth it.
And that’s it! I finished my last book like four days ago but I just couldn’t bring myself to pick up another. Ten books is plenty in a month, anything else is just overkill in my book.
So, how was your reading month? Let me know in the comments!