I had a pretty decent reading month in September, especially when you consider the size of some of the books that I finished!
I really tried to focus on new releases, since September was overflowing with them. I had this grand plan and vision of keeping up with all the books that I had preordered, and unfortunately, that plan did not come to fruition. But! October, November, and December are sparse with the new releases that I am actually planning on reading, so hopefully I can use the time to catch up.
So, putting my nonsensical rambling aside, let me share with you the books that I completed in September!
Continue reading “September Wrap-Up: The Month of New Releases”
I had a really good reading month in May, so I wanted to share it with you all no matter how late it is!
I thought that I was going to be in a slump after finishing ACOWAR, but since that book left me, unfortunately, under whelmed, I was able to plow through some of my TBR pile! Also, as I probably mentioned in last month’s wrap up, since discovering I can read in the bath, I have been able to finish 3-4 more books on average every month. (I am going to surmise it is because bath time is when the boyfriend cannot interrupt me and throw off my reading groove – thus, more efficient reading time!)
So, without further ado, check out this impressive list!
- A Court of Wings and Ruin – 3.5 stars – YES I DID SAY 3.5 STARS AND IT HURTS IT HURTS (check out my very lengthy review HERE)
- Redwall – 3 stars – it was fun to revisit the world of Redwall, but I also realized some books are better left as fond memories. Although, good lord do I need a recipe book from this world.
- Dogs of War – 3 stars – I have been a fan of the Joe Ledger books for quite a while, and I absolutely love the audio books for this series, but the most recent release was lacking in creativity and the usual spunk that I have come to love.
- Norse Mythology – 4 stars
- Kiss of Deception – 3 stars
- Heart of Betrayal – 4 stars – I liked this book better than the first in the series, the world building was amazing! I thought Venda was an incredible city and I really enjoyed Lia’s character development. However, I can’t stand that this is a hard-core love triangle. I really dislike love triangles *insert epic eye roll here*
- Kingdom of Oceana – 3 stars (check out my review HERE)
- Hunted – 5 stars – definitely my favorite read of the month, I am increasingly obsessed with Russian inspired fantasy. If anyone has other suggestions in this specific niche, please let me know!
- Once and For All – 4 Stars – I was totally surprised by this book and really enjoyed it! (check out my review HERE)
- A Rule Against Murder – 4 stars – Good lord I love this series so much. Totally character driven, totally worth it.
And that’s it! I finished my last book like four days ago but I just couldn’t bring myself to pick up another. Ten books is plenty in a month, anything else is just overkill in my book.
So, how was your reading month? Let me know in the comments!
Another late wrap up and haul post! But still, I will not be stopped in putting up some pretty pictures of books I read and acquired in the month of April, so let’s get to it!
I was a reading machine in April! I really discovered how much I enjoy taking baths, and have since discovered that by reading in the tub, I can knock out an extra three books a month. Plus, I was speed reading ACOTAR and ACOMAF in preparation for A Court of Wings and Ruin (thank god I did that), so that padded my April list as well.
Continue reading “April Wrap Up & Haul”
THIS IS SO LATE AND IT’S EMBARRASSING! But, I still wanted to post about the books that I read and acquired in March, so I just went for it… 14 days late. But come on, who doesn’t love looking at a good stack of books no matter what time of the month it is?
Continue reading “March Wrap Up & Haul!”
For being the shortest month of the year, February dragged on and on for me. It started out on a bad note with me being sick, and then all of a sudden, I wasn’t in the mood to read at all. Instead, I spent most of my nights watching my boyfriend play video games, and messing around on my iPad.
At first, I felt guilty about it: so many books to read, so little time right!? But its okay to have sub par reading months, just as its okay to have amazing reading months. This is a past time, a pleasure hobby, not a job. I can read as much or as little as I want; it’s my time and I certainly am not getting paid to read and review books.
Anyways, I just wanted to go on that mini rant and let anyone know that if they are feeling down on themselves for being in a reading slump, everything is going to be okay. Sometimes we need a little break.
Continue reading “February Wrap Up & Haul!”
I am aware this is a mildly late January recap post, but it has been so long since I have shared my wrap ups and hauls that I thought it would be fun to get back into it! Plus, I had a really good reading month so I wanted to brag a little bit. (Hey, I guess being sick did have its perks – lots of reading time!)
Nuts to You – I really wanted to start the new year with a book that I could finish quickly, and has been on my shelves for a long time. I grabbed this little middle grade read off my shelf and it was exactly what I was looking for. Was it an earth shattering, life changing read? No. But it was cute and fun and the squirrel drawings were adorable. 3.5 stars!
The Song Rising – this was one of my first successful buddy reads, and I had so much fun flailing / panicking every 15 minutes with Milana from @acouplereads! Another amazing installment to one of my favorite series, although I will admit this book had a decidedly darker feel than the previous two. 4.5 stars!
Continue reading “January Wrap Up & Haul”
Considering how much Empire of Storms destroyed my life, I had a really good reading month in September! I read six books, and listened to one, which is above average for me. I think after I finished EoS, I just kept grabbing books, trying to devour everything in sight to erase/drown my feelings in. (For the record, this certainly increased my reading count in September, but was not successful in erasing the feelings).
I even managed to review 5 of the 6 books I read, so the full posts are linked if you are interested!
Continue reading “September Wrap Up!”